thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

June 04, 2012

Nutrition on the road

I travel quite a bit and always make sure to bring healthy foods with me. It doesnt take much time once you get in the habit of planning ahead. I feel so much healthier and full of energy it is worth any extra effort!! Friday evening we arrived in Mykonos and for our Saturday morning breakfast we made a large fruit salad with goji berries and ground flax seeds (which I packed with me in my suitcase.) At the beach I ordered a spinach salad with sundried tomatoes ad asked the kitchen to remove the cheese, add avocado and dress the salad with olive oil and lemon. I also added brazil nuts (from my bag) to the salad for extra selenium and protein. Today I will order a similar salad and have brought sunflower seeds and seaweed to add to the salad. Below is a list of my Mykonos road snacks: Raw Brazil nuts Raw Pistachio nuts Fresh fruit Sunflower seeds Pumpkin seeds Goji berries Ground flax seeds Ground seaweed/nori sheets Green probiotic powder Raw protein powder Spirulina and kelp tablets The list changes from trip to trip but generally includes these items. Sun dried tomatoes can be packed as well and soaked for 10 minutes before eating. Happy travels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment