These rolls are pre-made and then frozen till you are ready to heat and serve. They are a good addition too your breakfast meal and will give you energy to start your day on the right foot. I love putting jam, butter or a cheese spread on this nutritious roll and pair with a side of freshly cut fruit.
You can make this recipe vegan if you use agave instead of honey and non-dairy milk (almond, rice, soy, oat, etc.) instead of regular milk. I use sunflower oil but any oil with a subtle taste will work great. All alterations are completely up to the chef!
Sunflower Honey Rolls
50 g yeast
6 DL milk
2 msk sunflower oil
2 tsk salt
2 msk honey
16b DL dinkle flour (spelt flour)
1.5 DL sunflower seeds
1. Heat milk in saucepan to 37C and pour over yeast- let yeast dissolve
2. Add oil, salt, honey and mix and then flour and seeds
3. Knead with hands until dough is smooth, about 5-8 minutes
4. Roll into ball and let sit and rise for 30 minutes under a towel
5. Shape dough into 24 pieces on wax paper and let sit and rise again for 20 minutes
6. Freeze buns on wax paper- once frozen transfer to a storage bag and store in freezer till ready to bake
7. When you are ready to bake, remove from freezer and place directly on a baking sheet. Bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes
When these come out of the oven they are fresh, moist, and full of flavor. So easy and delicious!