thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

September 08, 2011

For the LOVE of blueberries

Blueberries are my favorite food, hands down, and unfortunately there are no blueberries in Greece, and the ones we have managed to find are small and sour and wrinkled :( Now that I am home in California I am going wild over these blue beauties. I think I have already eaten my body weight's worth this week.

One of the reasons I love blueberries so much is that they are packed with antioxidants and fight disease on many levels. Blueberries are also beneficial for your brain, help strengthen your memory, and are the only food that actually turns back the clock on aging. Not a bad bargain for a little bitty, blue, berry.

Add these to your morning meal, alongside eggs, or in your oatmeal or granola. These berries are very low calorie so you can feel free to snack on them throughout the day, add them to your smoothies, or top your favorite dessert with them. Blueberries complement almost any meal.

Remember that we must eat FOR our bodies, not our minds or emotions, and we must make sure that the food we eat is rich in nutrients and not void of nutrients. So make sure to include blueberries on your next shopping list (if they are available in your area)!

No comments:

Post a Comment