thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

November 05, 2011

Sesame Dill Quinoa

Nikos just ate this for dinner. I am detoxing so I had fresh detox broth, while he ate this delicious meal that smelled so good! I LOVE LOVE LOVE quinoa, which is not technically a grain, but instead a flowering-plant and known as a pseudocereal. Quinoa is actually more closely related to a beet or spinach, and is 18% protein, high fiber, and gluten-free. Quinoa can be made savory or sweet and replaced for couscous, rice, and oats. I like to spout my quinoa and eat it raw. I will post a recipe for spouted quinoa next week!







Sesame-Dill Quinoa
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 can kidney beans
1 zucchini
2 TBSP back sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup fresh dill
dash of oregano
dash of sea salt
dash of white pepper
3 TBSP olive oil
Juice of one large lemon

1. Bring quinoa and water a boil, set to low and simmer for 10 -12 minutes.
2. Sautee the zucchini with 1 TBSP olive oil over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes.
3. One quinoa is cooked, add to pan with zucchini and toss.
4. Pull from heat after a few minutes and add remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment