thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

February 27, 2011

Light Blueberry Burgers


2 cups flour
1 TBSP baking power
dash salt
1 cup blueberries
4 egg whites
1.5 cups fat-free yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Bake 20 min at 200C.


These came out very airy and they taste very, very, very light as they only have 12o calories and are fat-free. The blueberries offer flavor yet you know you are eating a light muffin. It is always my aim to make sure that light does not taste light so I am not sure if I will make this recipe again. I prefer to use low-fat products (instead of fat-free) as they offer better taste and, well, life is TOO short to omit taste! Sometimes I prefer to use regular butter, sugar, etc. I just try to eat a smaller portion-if that is at all possible.
We sweetened them up a bit with mascarpone frosting and made blueberry burgers (Nikos' idea). Even though the cupcake taste has improved, we are not distributing these to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment