This french toast was made last night and set to soak overnight in the fridge. This morning when I got up I took it out of the fridge for 20 minutes before putting it in the oven to bake, and then when done, drizzled with honey and another fresh banana. Turned out delicious!!
Baked Banana Walnut French Toast, Dairy Free
4 slices whole grain bread, high fiber
1 tsp non-dairy butter
2/3 cup almond milk
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup agave or honey
1/8 cup coconut, shredded
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt, nutmeg and allspice
(honey and banana for topping)
1. Combine almond milk, vanilla, and eggs and mix till creamy.
2. Arrange bread flat in a pan, spread a thin layer of sunflower spread (non-diary butter) and pour egg mixture over bread. Place in fridge overnight.
3. In morning mix last ingredients together and drizzle over bread.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 180C. Take off foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
5. Drizzle with honey and fresh banana or coconut.
If serving for brunch, you could add dark chocolate chips, before you bake, to make the dish a bit naughty!