thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

May 11, 2011

Hemp Omelet with homemade Ketchup


I have been feeling quite tired these days and I know this is a sign of two things: one, that I am not getting enough sleep, and two, that I need to incorporate more "whole" foods into my diet. Sometimes over the weekends Nikos and I tend to forage amongst sweets,
and my body can feel the difference. Today I made a point to start my week off right- with a nutritious meal.

Power Omelete
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
1/4 cup chopped spring onions
handful parsley
corriander and cumin (my favorite spices and SO healthy for you!)
one large Myconian tomato
one medium organic bell pepper, diced
hemp seeds

Homemade Ketchup
1/3 cup tomato puree (fresh is best, but whatever you have will do!)
1 TBSP agave
dash of salt

I didn't use any oil in the pan, instead I allowed the juice from the tomato to wet the pan. I simmered all the ingredients together for about 5 minutes and then served with homemade ketchup and sprinkled with hemp seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment