thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

May 10, 2011

Irene's Chocolateria and Patisserie, Ekali, Greece















Nikos took me to one of his favorite dessert destinations in Northern Athens- Irene's. I was excited to check this place out, 1- because I LIVE for new adventures, especially food-related, and 2- my mom's name is Irene :)

We got a box full of nuts that were tossed in black sesames, tahini and black pepper, very interesting and unique. We also tried homemade truffles (dark, milk, praline)- the exterior was rather hard and the inside was a gooey chocolate ganache; simply divine. The praline flavor was my favorite- of course, I am always about the pralines :)
Nikos loves the profiteroles here- so that is a recommendation if you are able to make it to Irene's. Also, the gingerbread men looked delicious!

Most of all I loved the concept and feeling of the store, both fresh and serene. We will definitely be back for round two!


No comments:

Post a Comment