thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

February 23, 2011

A very happy tummy





Well, after the quinoa sat for a while (about 2 hours) it became so laden with fresh flavor that we opted aginst the dressing and instead put the spinach directly in the recipe-delish. It is amazing how buttery the dish tasted without an ounce of butter or oil. I did add a dash of cumin in as well- my favorite spice.
For dessert, I made my apple pie specialty. One apple diced, put in a pan, with a dash of quaker oats, honey, cinnamon, about a 1/4 cup hot water and a pinch of salt. Baked for 30 minutes at 350F/180C and put about 2 teaspoons of light butter (this can be omitted if you wish to make the dish even lighter- however the slightest amount of butter does give the dish a zing). I then made fresh whip topping with 2% FAGE yogurt (it tastes different and MUCH better here in Greece) and about one spoonful of organic powdered sugar. Makes a great substitute whipped cream. Sometimes when I feel the need for a sweet treat and want to eat light I just dice an apple (a sweet one, like a Pink Lady) and top with cinnamon, apple sauce and then bake it. It really is so good without an ounce of butter or sugar. Fruit is truly nature's candy :)

I have ONE VERY HAPPY BOYFRIEND TONIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment