These were the favorite cupcake served for my birthday. This is a light recipe yet it does not lack flavor. The cupcake comes out a bit more dense and moist than the average cupcake which made this cupcake even more desirable. I whipped together a simple light cream cheese frosting to accompany the cinnamon flavor of the cupcake.
Cinnamon Spice Cupcakes
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp cloves, ground
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup light buttermilk (or non-dairy milk with 1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar)
4 TBSP vegan butter (I used sunflower spread)
2 eggs, blended
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
Fluffy Vanilla Frosting
6 oz of light cream cheese, room temperature
2 oz of light butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar (possibly more if you desire a sweeter frosting)
1.5 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs, almond extract and milk one ingredient at a time.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to wet mixture till evenly combined.
3. Pour into cupcake liners and bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
4. Whip together butter and cream cheese and add vanilla. Add sugar, depending on desired sweetness you may want to add more or less. Set in refrigerator for one hour or so to harden.
5. Once cupcakes are cool and frosting has had time to set drop one spoonful on to each cupcake and devour!!