thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

July 16, 2011

Raw Spaghetti- Too good to be true!

You can use pine nuts, brazil nuts or cashews for this dish. When I am out of a fatty nut I use almonds which tastes great as well. Trust me, you have to give this a try!


Raw Spaghetti
1 zucchini, thinly grated
2 TBSP cashews, processed fine
1 large tomato or red bell pepper
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP lemon
2 tsp basil
2 TBSP cashews/brazil nuts
oregano
sea salt/cayenne pepper


I am not kidding-this recipe really tastes like the real thing but it is 100% raw. I made it for Nikos on his birthday as he LOVES spaghetti (quite a stretch from bolognese- but he really liked it!!)

1. Grate zucchini and place on a plate (I used a grater that looks like a pencil sharpener and makes noodles out of vegetables.)
2. Rub 2 TBSP grated cashews into zucchini.
3. In a processer blend tomato/pepper, lemon, olive oil and basil in a blender. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Process cashews, oregano and salt/pepper to make parmesan cheese and top on pasta.
5. Pour sauce on pasta and top with cheese.

I paired this dish with raw garlic spread (garlic, walnuts, olive oil, sea salt) on gluten free crackers. Made a perfect combination. This is such an amazing dish. I want to have it everyday for lunch, seriously, it is that good...

No comments:

Post a Comment