Homemade Fig Newtons
3 cups of fresh figs (makes about 2.5 cups of fig puree)
1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour mix
1/2 cup chickpea flour
2 organic eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBSP flax seed
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
Cinnamon Cashew Frosting
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup water (enough water to just cover cashews in blender)
1 TBSP agave
dash of cinnamon
1. Puree figs.
2. Add eggs, olive oil, flax seed, and salt; set aside.
3. Add flours and soda.
4. Blend for about 30 seconds and pour into muffin cups.
5. Bake at 185C for 25-30 minutes.
6. While muffins are baking make frosting by pureeing all ingredients in a blender.
7. Once muffins are cool top with Cinnamon Cashew Frosting.