thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

August 07, 2011

Tofu stir Fry



This is what I whipped up for lunch today.

Tofu Stir-fry
one small package of organic, non-GMO tofu, diced
1/2 head of organic broccoli, diced
1 small organic eggplant, diced
olive oil, cold pressed
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 TBSP sesame seeds
2 TBSP sunflower seeds
cayenne pepper
celtic sea salt

1. Sautee the eggplant, tofu and olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until eggplant is soft. I like to make my tofu a bit crispy around the edges.
2. In a separate bowl toss broccoli in lemon juice and add seeds.
3. Once eggplant mixture has cooled a bit, toss with the broccoli mixture.
4. Top with salt, cayenne and any other spices you prefer.

I try to eat at least 60% raw and in most cases leave at least half of the vegetables in my meals raw. This way I ensure that I am giving my body the enzymes it needs to properly digest the food (when we cook food we kill all the DNA and enzymes our bodies need to properly digest the food).

No comments:

Post a Comment