thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

February 24, 2011

Healthy Shakes- the perfect snack





I love making shakes. They are easy for your body to absorb and really delicious. Also, if you are in a hurry a shake makes a great breakfast or lunch. I use almond milk (it is light and I try to stay away from dairy as much as possible- more on this topic later) ground flaxseed, banana, natural protein powder and if I have raw cocoa nibs or hemp seeds they are really good additions as well. I top Nikos' drink off with natural granola and mine with banana. There are many health benefits from healthy shakes and depending on your specific needs you can add or subtract different items. Flaxseed is rich in good fats and is high in fiber and I eat it everyday. My favorite protein drink is called Source of Life- it tastes like sweet granola- it is so yummy and has been around since the 1960's (obviously it has lasted so long because it tastes so creamy and delicious). Berries (frozen or fresh) are a great addition and have great health benefits as well. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment