Red-Lentil Squash Hummus
2 cups water
1 cup red lentils
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 small squash
1 small onion
1/4 cup sweet white miso
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
squeeze of one lemon
1/2 TBSP sea salt
1. Cut a squash in half and place in a pan filled with one inch of water.
2. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200C.
3. Meanwhile, boil water with lentils for about 2 minutes, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Pull lentils from heat and mix. The mixture will blend together to form a creamy consistency. Set aside.
5. Pull squash from oven and scrape out seeds.
6. Cut out half of the squash from the skin and place in a processor.
7. Add remaining ingredients, including the lentils and blend for about one minute.
Serve with crackers, fresh vegetables, salad, baked fish (shrimp is great), or apple slices.