· Allergens are substances that are foreign to the body and can cause an allergic reaction. Very often we crave that which we are allergic to so pay attention to your cravings! First signs of an allergic reaction include stomach pain, a runny nose, a swollen throat, and phlegm.
· Allergy involves an exaggerated response of the immune system.
· 60% of the world’s population has an unknown food allergy.
· 95% of people go undiagnosed.
· 150 million people worldwide are allergic to one or more foods.
· 4% adults and 8% of children, in the European Union, suffer from food allergies.
· Food allergies have increased 18% in the last 10 years in children under the age of 18.
· Allergies can develop at any age.
· Allergies are linked to enzymes shortages; eating more enzyme-rich raw foods are a great long-term remedy for allergies.