Some fun cooking ideas!
- Go to the farmer's market (laiki) or the produce section in your grocery store and pick up three veggies you are not used to working with. Use google to find a recipe that sounds fun to make.
- Make some flour with nuts using a coffee bean grinder. Replace half the required flour in a recipe with the nut flour.
- Make veggie pasta using a veggie pencil sharpener gadget and top with our favorite sauce. Tastes like the real thing!
- Use mashed apples in place of butter.
- Use coconut oil in place of olive oil with your next stir-fry.
- Make nut butter by putting fresh raw nuts in a blender and cover with just enough water to submerge the nuts. Blend for 2-3 minutes adding cinnamon or nutmeg as desired. Spread on apple slices, crackers, or top on your favorite dessert.
- Make a fun fruit smoothie using seasonal fruit and add in some cashew butter to add a creamy like consistency. Add raw chocolate for a superfood boost!
- Ditch the salt and use seaweed instead. One serving provides a boost of iodine (almost 300% of your daily serving) without any sodium. Nature's gift.
- Experiment with a new dressing using tahini, sweet white miso or fruit juice. Mix and match till you find a taste that works for you.
- Make a fresh fruit cobbler by cutting up fruit, adding fruit juice and baking it in the oven, or dehydrator until crispy. Top with cashew butter and cinnamon.
- Make a green salad full of fresh greens, peppers, broccoli, soaked pumpkin and sunflower seeds and fresh whipped avocado. Garnish with grated seaweed for added iodine.
(I am eating a raw foods bar at In and Out, a famous burger joint in California... This is devotion!)