thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

March 25, 2011

Raw Almond Butter


I like making my own nut butters from scratch. It is much more cost effective, natural and I can control how sweet I make the butter. For this batch, I kept things a bit lighter. Make certain that your almonds are raw. If you buy almonds (or any nut) roasted most of the nutrients have been scorched out of the nut, and the purpose of eating raw is to ingest all these nutrients into your beautiful body.

Almond Butter
1 cup almonds, raw
1 tsp agave nectar
dash of cinnamon

1. Soak almonds for two days
2. On second day push off almond peel (it should slip off easily) and place in food processor an pulse till creamy.
3. Add agave and cinnamon to taste and put in fridge to set

Almond butter is good to use in place of peanut butter, so you can make a PB & J sandwich, or even better an almond butter and blueberry jelly sandwich. We buy our blueberry jam from IKEA but I will be making this from scratch once blueberries are in season. Almond butter is also good on muffins, toast, and pancakes. I will serve this for Nikos tonight with hot peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment