thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

May 18, 2011

Deodorant- what are we REALLY putting on our body?


I read the label on my deodorant today. I really do not sweat and I rarely use deodorant. At home I use natural deodorant, but since I have been in Greece, I have used more conventional products. I am now getting back to basics, to the natural stuff, and I wanted to share with you what I found was in this Dove, Go Fresh spray.

For starters, the first three ingredients are:
Butane- A Neurotoxicant, exposure can cause adverse effects on the nervous system. A sued and bottled form of a fuel, a flammable hydrocarbon gas.
Propane- liquified petroleum, A flammable hydrocarbon gas.
Aluminum Chlorohydrate- Disrupts the endocrine and nervous system. Linked to Altzeimer's Disease and Cancer.

Not all deodorant is flammable, so you can possibly avoid the first two ingredients, but what it is the aluminum that you must be very cautious about!

Please be aware of what you are putting on your underarms. This area easily absorbs toxins and sends them right into your bloodstream. There are natural alternatives and I hope you will give them a try. Look for deodorant, and avoid antiperspirant. It could be worth your life.


More information can be found at this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment