Beets strengthen and clean the blood and are a natural source of folate (helps our bodies make new cells and prevents tumors in fetuses). Due to their high glycemic Index (GI) rating, beets are great to consume after a heavy workout as they will help to restore ATP levels (energy) in the body.
- High in soluble fiber which lowers LDL cholesterol levels
- Protects against heart disease
- Stimulates the liver, kidney, gallbladder, spleen, and bowel
- Stimulates the lymphatic system (filters waste and destroys pathogens in the body)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Regulates hormones during menopause
- High in iron, Vitamin A, & Vitamin C
Where can you add beets in your diet?
To your salads, on your sandwiches, and alongside your entrees. Beets are delicious lightly steamed with a dash of olive oil and sea salt. In Denmark it is very popular to eat beets on sandwiches with liverpastej and boiled eggs.