thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

December 29, 2011

How I fly

I am on my way back to Greece tomorrow and I have packed my bag of treats to take with me on my trip. There are some precautions I take on flights which include the following:
-Always book a non-dairy vegetarian meal. This means you will eat fruit and salad, which is better than all the processed food that is normally served. Who knows where the meat that is served comes from. Be sure to give notice at least 48 hours before your flight or they might not honor your request.
- Bring a large empty water bottle with you and fill it up before you board, so you have a large bottle of water for your flight. And most importantly, drink it all before you land!
- Bring antioxidant rich fruits. I love bringing pears, a small pack of blueberries, cranberries, and goji berries.
-Bring some sliced red bell peppers, carrots, and other veggies you like. Don't load up on these because they might give you a tummy ache due to the elevation.
- Bring some healthy bars, raw if you can find them. My favorite are the Raw Organic Food Bars- cinnamon raisin and fiber delight. I also like Lara bars, and the new raw bars at Trader Joes. If you want to avoid more sugar you can find protein bars that are low in sugar and still void of artificial sweeteners.
-Extra set of vitamins (whatever you take)
-Green tea bags, which is better than the black tea that is served
-A bag of nuts- almonds (soaked if you have time), walnuts, and brazil nuts.
- An MP3 player with soft meditation music
-Soft, cozy socks
-A warm sweater- planes are freezing!!
-A great book and/or a journal
-Organic antibacterial wipes/gel

The morning before my flight I drink green juice (wheatgrass, kale, spinach, with ginger and lemon, etc). I also take double my spirulina, kelp, probiotics, and multivitamin- to boost my immunity.

I hope you have a great New Year!! Get ready for a 2012 detox in the coming weeks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment