I know we don't like to discuss digestion much, but it is a very natural process and how well you digest your food is a good indication if you are on the proper diet. Here are some guidelines as to how you can improve your digestion:
- Chew your foods thoroughly, at least 15 times, 20 is better and 100, impossible :)
- Eat raw foods before you eat cooked foods, as they digest quicker.
- Avoid processed and artificial foods, which clutter your digestive system.
- Eat no more than 4 or 5 ingredients in a meal. Too many ingredients slow the digestive process.
- Drink one shot of Apple Cider Vinegar everyday.
- Eat Flaxseed everyday.
- Eat at least 35 grams of fiber (both soluble and insoluble) a day. For every gram of fiber you eat, you burn 7 calories, without exercising.
- Eat foods, and drink water, that are at room temperature. This eases the digestive process because your body does not have to go into overdrive to heat up your meal or drink.
- Make sure you are relaxed and NOT in a hurry when you eat.