thegreekbite

Follow Me on Pinterest

July 25, 2013

Soured porridge with fermented ginger and carrot

This is a great way to start the day. I mean I cannot begin to tell you how good this feels in my stomach. Fermentation baby!!

1 cup organic millet, freshly ground
2 cups filtered water

1. Mix together and let sit for about 2-4 days at room temperature.
2. Take 3/4 cup millet and add to 1/2 cup boiling water. Reduce heat and stir until hick, about one minute.

Grass-fed butter
Garlic clove
Fermented veggies

3. Pull from heat. Add one clove of freshly pressed garlic, some grass-fed butter, and a large spoonful of fermented veggies. I used my fermented carrot-ginger blend.

This is delicious and a common food in Africa. You can let the millet sour for longer, up to one week or so. I will make my second batch tomorrow- can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment